So, we were told last month that we have to have everything moved by next summer for them to break ground. Ok. So, in the midst of trying to still farm, we have to move the farm homes and farm yard. Ok, we got this. Or do we?
As we have been getting all of our quotes lately, we are finding it is taking a lot of our time. Seeding should have been done last week, but we had to take time to find companies and schedule times to bring them out, show them the buildings, houses, and new sites. Depending on who they are and what they will be doing depends on how long it takes to show them what we need. For instance, today we had the company come out for sewer and water. They are the company that is contracted with the municipality to do the water lines. So, they were out here and it took about two hours for them to look at the lines that are here, where lines have to be ran, and where the new septic tanks have to go. But, we arent too far behind seeding, we hope. So there is that little fun tidy bit we are dealing with.
However, the real issue that came up this week is the power. Granted, our home we were looking at doing as much solar power and wind power as possible. Being tide to the grid as a back up for the deep winter months. We also will have a natural gas generator that will back up in the power goes out. She (Mom) will have a natural gas generator to replace her power and have the power as just a back up. Why are we glad we made these choices? Cause we were told today that the power company couldnt put in the two new poles to run power to our new sites for 6 months from the time we schedule them! IF we schduled them now and prayed that we had funding before it was done, that puts not getting power til end of November. We are into -40 easily by then. So, do we go ahead with the move and hope that the system that we are putting in will be enough electricity to hold us out til the power lines are put in? A system that we have never used and just learning about? Then again, we have power outages every winter, anywhere from two to three days to a week at a time. So is it that bad that we may be a bit short on power? So, we are told by Dept of Transportation to be moved next summer. Yet we cant get power til winter. What do you do?